Use of Fast Testing Devices as solution for PCMSO tests
All workers must have control of their health according to the risks to which they are exposed. More than simply a legal demand legally provided in article 168 of CLT (Consolidation of Labor Laws), Convention 161 of the International Labour Organization supports it, respecting ethical, moral and technical principles.
The tests every employee has to do varies according to their function and are determined by occupational physicians.
Usually, employees perform blood and some other tests on the company itself. However, blood tests demand future obtainment of the results provided by the lab of clinical analysis, and a medical treatment to the emission of the ASO (Occupational Health Certificate). Only with the ASO employee may be admitted and perform its functions.
With this Devices, employee absenteeism is reduced when obtaining the ASO.
Smaller care fee and larger productivity by applying the chronic disease management program
Regulatory norm n. 7 (NR7), emitted by the Secretariat for Safety and Health at Work, titled PCMSO (Medical Control Program for Occupational Health), establishes mandatory development and implementation by all employers and institution that admit workers as employees of the PCMSO, with the goal of promoting and preserving their health.
PCMSO must have character of prevention, tracking and early diagnosing of health problems related to work, including subclinical nature, beyond finding cases of employee sickness or irreversible damage to the employee health.
Therefore, the emission of the ASO established by PCMSO, considers only whether the employee is fit to its function and does not have any harm arriving from their duties.
However, the fact that a person is fit to its function does not relieves it from having diseases that can have future harmful consequences to its health and to the company productivity.
NAGIS Health has a chronic disease management service that aims to develop self-control to improve welfare, providing clinical stabilization, constant health condition accompaniment, education and orientation of habit change.
The main pathologies followed by the program are diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, plurimetabolic syndrome (the combination of obesity, hypertension, hyperglycemia, increased triglycerides and dyslipidemia), dyslipidemia (changes in cholesterol) and respiratory diseases (asthma, bronchitis, pulmonary emphysema).
Whenever possible, we reuse the mandatory tests to the PCMSO and to the employee health plan, relieving the health monitoring from care costs.
The chronic disease management program also has the NAGIS Health beneficial plan of remedies, which enables not only special discounts in more than 7000 pharmacies in Brazil, as well as monitoring the regular and correct consumption of remedies by patients.
Offered technological innovations
Companies’ needs or interests are:
- Manage their occupational medicine programs and care costs
- Comply with the law, at the lowest possible cost
- Lower absenteeism
- To offer health aid to its employees so that they keep on good productivity and quality levels at the services they are responsible for
- Retain talents
- Contain healthcare spending with treatments, tests and admissions
Innovational technologies offered by NAGIS Health meet these companies needs.
Tests performed for the PCMSO
The Fast Tasting Device enables performing various kinds of tests to the Medical Control Program for Occupational Health (PCMSO):
- Biochemistry tests
- Hematology tests
- Nephrology tests
- Urinalysis tests
- Respiratory tests
- Body composition tests
- Postural tests
- Resting electrocardiogram
The tests that demand specialized physician reports activate an online system of telemedicine, allowing the availability of results to the physician in little time, for evaluation of the health conditions of the employee.
Current treatment model
There are two possible situations when attending to the PCMSO and the expedition of the ASO. The common and less efficient model that most companies occupational medicine use is represented in the following diagram:
The other situation is more efficient, but used with a smaller frequency. The following diagram represents its model:
Proposed treatment model
The model proposed by NAGIS Health makes possible for the great majority of tests to be performed at the employee workplace, along with the emission of the ASO. The Fast Tasting Device goes to the company and performs the periodic tests. The occupational physician also goes to the company at the same time or posteriorly, for the occupational clinical exam and emission of the ASO. Periodic test results are reused for identifying and monitoring chronic disease.
The model proposed by NAGIS Health offers the following features:
- Mobile or fixed fast testing devices, according to customer need
- Central panel that allows managers to follow online and in real time the progress of occupational tests and the epidemiological situation of the company
- Bio physicians, pharmaceutist, nurses and technicians to operate the fast testing devices
- Complementary tests service for occupational medicine and chronic disease monitoring
- Physicians to perform occupational clinical consults in the fast testing devices
- Audiologist to perform periodical tests
- Reporting through telemedicine, for tests of ECG, EEG e spirometry
- Health team to monitor chronically ill
- Telemedicine central
- Active call center to monitor chronically ill
- Datacenter hosting to for storage of PGS-NAGIS software, employee occupational data and clinical records of chronically ill
- License and support of the chronic disease managing module of the PGS-NAGIS software
- License and support of the occupational medicine module of the PGS-NAGIS software
- Logistics central to control/perform tests
- Clinical supervision of the chronic disease management program
- Remedies Benefit Program to the chronically ill with 7000 pharmacies in Brazil
The service capacity of a Fast Tasting Device to performing occupational medicine periodical tests is of approximately 800 monthly attendances.